There are many different options to become a Turkish citizen. However, most options requires that the applicant can speak some Turkish and has stayed in Turkey as a resident for some period. However, Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program does not have such requirements. Moreover, the monetary limits on these programs have been reduced recently.
Turkish citizenship has many advantages. Primary advantages of Turkish citizenship is summarized here.
Foreigners who meet any of the following criteria may be eligible for Turkish citizenship directly, subject to the decision of the President of Turkey:
- Made a minimum fixed capital investment of 500,000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira,
- Acquired a property /properties worth a minimum of 250,000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira with a title deed restriction on resale for at least three years,
- Created jobs for at least 50 Turkish citizens,
- Deposited at least 500,000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira in banks operating in Turkey with the condition not to withdraw it for three years,
- Bought at least 500,000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira worth of government bonds, with the condition that they cannot be sold for at least three years,
- Bought at least 500,000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira worth of real estate investment fund share or venture capital investment fund share, with the condition that they cannot be sold for at least three years.
The limits in each of the options were reduced by the President, on September 18, 2018. These rules will be effective until another decree by the President. The most popular program among the six options is Turkish citizenship by 250,000 USD Real Estate Investment Program.
Ateskan Law Office offers full service for each of the six Turkish Citizenship by Investment Programs. Our services include:
- Preparing and filing all documents for Citizenship Application
- Consultancy about investment opportunities
- Business or company set up
- Assistance with all steps of the real estate investment
- To find the property, the applicant is looking for
- Real estate agency services
- Title deed check
- Market price evaluation
- Title transfer
- Renting the purchased property
To become a citizen directly you should invest in real estate whose total worth is 250,000 USD or more. You can buy one or more properties to fulfill the minimum worth requirement. The value is the appraisal value on the day of the title deed transfer. The type of real estate is not important. You can buy an apartment, an office, a store or a land.
If you cannot afford real estate of worth 250,000 USD, there is an indirect way: You can get a short time residence permit when you buy a house in Turkey. There is no minimum limit in Turkey. The short time residence permit is given for a period of two years if your passport is valid until 60 days after the residency and you have a health insurance which covers the residency period. The short time residence permit is renewable indefinitely. After staying in Turkey for more than 5 years with short time residence permit, you will be eligible for Turkish citizenship application.
If you would like to know more about our Turkish citizenship application services you can send an email to email@example.com or visit FAQ about Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program.
You can also reach us at +90 (544) 288-5280.